Thursday, October 15, 2009

Enough is Enough!

I have decided that I am going to do a juice feast. I was a raw food vegan for just under a year, and then I got off the raw wagon and experienced altered general mood, brain fog, lack of motivation, digestive issues, weight gain, strange victim emotions and fears, less vibrant looking skin and eyes, decreased spiritual interest, and the list really goes on. I tried to force myself back into a raw food diet with no success--I'd be raw for a full week or two but my MIND wasn't with it. I knew it was a problem. So I decided to work on the level of the mind a bit--I started to notice my insane fears about myself and the world that are the root of my mind issues. I just recently let some of these fears loose and I am starting to realize that these fears can no longer serve me. They have done absolutely nothing for me except make me miserable.

So I decided to put my health--body, mind, and spirit--into my own hands again. I wanted to do a cleanse so I can gather new thoughts while I release old ones. The first thing I thought of was fresh-made juice. I knew there were juice fasts, but a juice feast is what appealed to me.

So I am going to do a juice feast. It's where you drink 4+ quarts of freshly made fruit and vegetable juices, as well as a few superfoods such as spirulina and chlorella powder, adaptogenic herbs, bee pollen, MSM, herbal teas, etc. I'm not sure how long I will do this (some people do 30 to 92 days and more), but time is not the important thing right now. The point is that I'm starting it--right now. I'll blog daily about what I'm drinking and how I'm feeling, so anyone that is interested can take my experiences and perhaps apply some things to their own life, to better their health. : )

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment