Thursday, October 15, 2009

Day 1

In my first post, I forgot to mention a few goals of juice feasting:
  • Drink 4+ quarts of fresh-made fruit and vegetable juice daily
  • Drink the juice of a full head of celery each day (celery is high in organic sodium, which is an alkalizing mineral)
  • Drink the juice of 2 lbs of leafy greens
  • Drink the juice of 1 cucumber daily
  • Juice anything else for the rest--veggies, fruits, ginger, etc.

Today I had:

8 oz grapefruit, lemon, and lime juice with zeolites
48 oz green juice (kale, spinach, chard, celery, ginger, cucumber, a beet, a hot pepper)
36 oz green and fruit juice (cilantro, parsley, spinach, apple, celery, pineapple)
8 oz grapefruit, lemon, and lime juice with camu camu powder, MSM, and zeolites


A fun detoxification note: I didn't expect that on Day 1 of my juice feast would I have some interesting detox bowel movements. I figured I'd just be eliminating what was already in my colon--solid material. But I was eliminating more liquidly, mucous-coated strands/clumps. It smelled pretty bad--many toxins were released with it--it was good to get it out of me. Meanwhile, I scheduled a colon hydrotherapy session for next week. Figured that would be a good idea at the rate I'm detoxing. :)

But as I always experience with detoxing, I felt much more balanced and energetic after the series of bowel movements.

I felt really good today, even for detoxing. I was a little bit more quiet and introspective than normal and a little weak but I'm familiar enough with cleansing and I just played it low. I let things flow much better and didn't try to make things happen. It was so refreshing. I'm feeling very positive about the world and my personal development right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment